Monday, September 29, 2008

Mattea's Question of the Day

So, the other day, Mattea came up with a question out of the blue. She said, "Mommy, how did I get made?" I thought... holy cow, how do I answer THAT question? So, I said "From God". I didn't know if she'd accept that answer and of course, she didn't. "No", she said. "Like, how did my fingers get here and stuff?" She was really amazed at how she came to be. So, I told her she was a miracle and left it at that. I think this question may have come about because we had written a letter to Mattea about the day she was born. They read them to the kids at preschool. I was curious whether those letters would draw out any interesting questions. I told Jeff about it later and his male response was "Why didn't you explain DNA and chromosomes to her?" Ahhhhhhh! SERIOUSLY.

No comments: