My wonderful boys made me breakfast in bed today! They came into my room singing "Happy Birthday" and delivered it on a tray. Seriously... how sweet is that? My breakfast consisted of Frosted Flakes w/ milk (no spoon, but I had a knife & fork!), toast (w/ no butter!), a glass of milk (w/ a straw!) and a banana (which Mattea snagged!). It was wonderful to spend a few special minutes with my kids in bed. Even though I was still rumpled from sleep and not looking my best (I hadn't even looked in the mirror yet!), I made Jeff take a picture of me and the chitlins snuggling in bed. Before Mattea left to get dressed, she sang "Happy Birthday" to me in her sweet little voice. (Of course, I made her sing it again, so I could record it!) These are the kinds of memories I will keep in my heart forever.P.S. Yes, I realize this video is sideways, but I have NO CLUE how to rotate it! So, turn your head sideways and ENJOY!!!




3 comments:
What a great way to start your XX year! And the Mattea video is terrific. All I did was turn my monitor on its side.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
Love,
Dad
WOW... what an awesome birthday breakfast... wish it was my birthday! Did you get our special card that Dad made yet? I think we mailed it early enough... have a super great day... you deserve it! Keep your fingers crossed for Riley Jean's appearance... we can hope... love, Mamacita
Wow, Happy Birthday! Hubby and I celebrate right around this time of year too!... but I didn't get to eat in bed darnit!
Just wanted to pop over and say hello and check out your blog. Look forward to coming back again. That daughter of yours is a cutie!
Blessings,
Pretty Organizer
Post a Comment