Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Pictures of the Week -- Week 5

Mattea had to go to the hospital for an outpatient dental procedure. It was very difficult for us to to make the decision to have her go under general anesthesia for the procedure, but it was best for her. Had she been sedated but awake for the procedure, I'm sure she would have been traumatized and scared to go to the dentist even for a cleaning after that experience. (Plus, I'm sure we would have had to hold her down!) The staff at Children's Hospital were A-MAZ-ING and Mattea was SO brave. Everyone came in to talk to her, explain what would be happening, make her feel comfortable and answer her questions. She asked anyone that she talked to whether she would get a shot or not. They all said no, but she continued to ask! We could tell that she was scared about what was going on, but she just bucked up and took it like a champ. We were so incredibly proud of her. She recovered easily from the anesthesia and thoroughly enjoyed slushies at the hospital and then ice cream, pudding and applesauce all day long at home!


Josh got a black eye after he was elbowed by his teammate during a basketball game. He is a tough cookie though. He totally shook it off when it happened and got right back in the game. I know he thought it was cool, but it also caused him quite a bit of pain.


The girls' got style... there's no doubt about it. And she can rock those rain boots like nobody's bidness. You go, girl!


It's fuh-reezing outside. Negative temps. So cold that you could throw boiling water into the air and it would freeze before it lands. (Yeah, we tried it.) However, Indy still wants to be outside. He's not sure what all the fuss is about when I yell and yell and try to get him to come inside. What can I say? He's a snow dog. Cody... not so much!


Superbowl Sunday! Woohoo! Let's go Broncos!!! Oh wait... the Broncos STUNK it up this season. Well, as you can see, I couldn't resist wearing my Broncos gear during the Superbowl. I'm just crazy like that!

No comments: