Jeff FINALLY bit the bullet and bought a new bike. We have had our matching Diamond Back bikes since I graduated from college, so it was about time! Uncle Terry found an amazing online deal for a full-suspension bike and it was delivered this week. Terry came to visit this weekend and put Jeff's bike together as well as installed bike computers on Alex & Josh's bikes and did a tune-up on my bike. After all that work, it was time for some fun, so we went on a biking adventure. We headed east on the bike path right behind our house. We mostly stayed on the trail, but at one point, we turned onto a gravel path. As soon as we did, I heard Mattea say "Now THIS is a bike ride!". Shortly after, we had to cross a small creek. Jeff and the boys rode through it with no problem. Mattea was a little hesitant, but I told her just to power through it and she did. Then, it was my turn. I got 3/4 of the way across, hit a dip and stopped pedaling... that was my mistake. I totally crashed and my entire left side was instantly covered in mud and water. Once the crew realized I was okay, they all had a pretty good chuckle about it. Josh asked me several times if I was really okay. Considering how I looked, I can see why he kept asking! We rode up towards Target and stopped at a pizza place for lunch. After lunch, we headed out on a path we hadn't ridden on before... it was a new adventure! Mattea was riding Josh's old bike with gears, so she was getting used to that which was a bit of a challenge, but by the end, she had it figured out. We rode past this neighborhood and encountered this steep set of stairs that led to another part of the bike path. Crazy Uncle Terry went right down the stairs on his bike!!! The kids thought it was so cool! We didn't let them do it, but we did make Uncle Terry do it again so we could catch it on video!!! On our way back home, Jeff took an alternate route and ended up crashing and landing muddy water just like I had earlier. After that happened, he turned to Josh and said "What do we call that?" and Josh replied "Karma".
No comments:
Post a Comment