Thursday, July 4, 2013

4th of July

Mattea was invited to her friend's house to decorate her bike for the 4th of July.  Our community hosts a bike parade and pool party every year to celebrate Independence Day and, although we have lived here for five years, we have never attended.  Mattea had a fun time decorating bikes at Chloe's house.  She was very creative and her bike looked great!

When we got to the clubhouse for the party, I was flagged down to lead the parade since apparently, I was the only adult that showed up on a bike!  So, I donned a fluorescent yellow vest and took the kids around the block for the parade.  It was challenging to keep the older kids (some of them riding electric scooters) to go slow enough so that we weren't leaving the little kids in the dust, but I think I managed to maintain control.  Luckily, the parade was only around 4 blocks!  When we got back from the parade, we headed to the pool.  After playing in the pool for awhile, we enjoyed a catered lunch and then headed home to relax.

Our thoughts turned to Indy throughout the day since he would have turned sixteen years old on the 4th of July.  We miss him all the time... he was such an amazing dog for our family.  Happy 4th of July, Indy Boo. 

No comments: