Terry came down for a couple days to get some Mom & Dad time which was nice for us, too, since we hadn't seen him for awhile. While the kids were in school, we took a day trip to Red Rocks.
On Friday morning, Jeff and I rode our bikes along with Josh to the middle school. It is nice that he is not to the age yet where he is embarrassed having his parents take him to school. We said goodbye to him and decided to ride our bikes to get some breakfast since Grandma Judie and Grandpa Bob were getting Mattea off to school for us. Unfortunately, our nice morning turned terrible when I hit my front brakes instead of the rear brakes and went head first over the handle bars. When I lifted up my head and blood was gushing out, I knew it wasn't good. Jeff jumped into action quickly and asked a concerned woman who had pulled over to call 911. The paramedics asked me all sorts of questions as they assessed my injuries. At one point, they had me sit up, but when I started feeling light headed and seeing stars, they laid me back down. Because I had a head injury, they had to take precautions, so they put a neck collar on me and moved me to the ambulance on a back board and then took me to the Emergency Room. I ended up with a separated shoulder and four stitches in my head. I felt pretty lucky to escape with only minor injuries since it truly could have been much worse.
We decided to take one more day trip with the kids this time and it was such a fun day! We didn't want to go too far, so we headed up to Estes Park. (Looking back now, we are all very grateful to have made the trip before the Colorado Flood of 2013!) We had lunch at a cute diner downtown and then headed towards Rocky Mountain National Park for some beautiful views. We got in for free thanks to Grandpa Bob! We all went for a hike at Bear Lake which was a new stop for us. There was a nice, easy trail that took us all around the lake. We saw some wildlife on our way out of the park, too!

.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)




No comments:
Post a Comment