Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Everyday life while Daddy is gone

Life continues on as normal while Jeff is on his trip.  Our week is full of work, school, homework, activities and some very brief downtime.  On Mondays, Alex has volleyball games.  On Tuesdays, Mattea has volleyball games.  Wednesdays are my favorite right now because we get to stay home... no activities!  On Thursdays, Josh has hitting practice for baseball.  On Fridays, Alex & Mattea have volleyball practice.  Saturdays, until March rolls along, are pretty wide open as well.  On Sundays, Mattea has gymnastics.  Whew!


Yesterday, Alex had the day off from school and Josh & Mattea didn't.  He thought this was great, but I wasn't about to let him just spend the day playing video games.  I told him he had to prepare dinner for all of us.  He looked at me like I had six heads.  I walked him through a very simple crockpot recipe and he did it!  I took a video as proof that one day, Alex Dolan cooked... because it may never happen again!

 
Josh was eating some cheese quesadillas and potato soup the other night when he was struck by a line from the movie A-Team... this one's for you, Jeff!!!


Tonight, on our one free weeknight, we had a shopping list for some things from Target.  I grabbed the kids and we left the house quickly so we could get in and get out and get back home.  We arrived at Target and they were all walking ahead of me when I realized how ridiculous they looked!  Mattea had on shorts and her new birthday boots that she picked out.  Jeff will call them hippie boots for sure when he sees them.  Josh had on a cute fuchsia & black shirt wih totally unmatching athletic pants and slippers.  Alex had on plaid shorts and a striped sweatshirt that he had just thrown on when we walked out the door.  I made them pose for me and I'm so glad they did.  This picture cracks me up every time I look at it!


When we got home from Target, Alex took the new garbage can out of the box and Mattea promptly got into it.  Of course, he took advantage of this golden opportunity and this is what followed...

2 comments:

Dad said...

What a family circus! Mattea in the can was just like Terry in the Octagon table. The volleyball video was just Mattea faking out the opponent. I'm sure she knew where she should be. I hope Alex continues using beer just for cooking. And what was Josh eating? Didn't look too good to me. Thanks for sharing and sorry for the late comment.

Tracy said...

Dad - Yes, it's a family circus for sure! I remember Terry and the octagon table... too funny! Alex will definitely only be using beer for cooking - that is if I can get him to cook again! Josh was eating potato soup and cheese quesadillas. It was a weird combination.