Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween


Halloween was chaotic and fun like it is every year. Mattea was supposed to wear her new, beautiful Belle costume, but by the time we were ready to trick-or-treat, she had changed costumes several times and had ended up in her ballerina costume. She also changed her mind several times about whether or not she was going trick-or-treating. She ended up staying in her ballerina costume and passing out candy with Daddy.

Josh was supposed to be a ninja, but he didn't end up with the expensive, super cool ninja costume he wanted, so the night before Halloween, he boycotted that costume and borrowed the neighbor's football gear. I must say, he was a very cute football player... had all the girls chasing him! ; ) He and I went out with the neighbors - Donna, Jakob, Mikkel and Erik. We were out for almost 2 hours and the kids got a TON of candy. By the time we were done, their feet hurt and they were incredibly thirsty.
Alex wanted to go trick-or-treating by himself this year, but we vetoed that idea rather quickly. His best buddy was going to a church event, so he was "stuck" going along with Josh & I. That only lasted for 2 houses when he spotted a buddy from school. I let him tag along with him and his Dad. They hit a couple of blocks and then Alex headed home. Alex was dressed up as a scary goblin, but had to be a rapper/DJ for school since his mask was too scary.

Me? Yeah, I went in my everyday witch costume... added a few glow-in-the-dark necklaces and I was good to go. Left my broom at home this year! ; )

No comments: