













The kids and I had a great time in the Midwest last month during our visit. Life got so crazy once we got back that I haven't had a chance to blog about our visit. Highlights of our vacation (that I can remember right now... if I leave something out that you were a part of, I apologize. I have a terrible memory!)...
* Meeting sweet baby Tyler Zachary Skahill and spending time with the Dolan's and Skahill's - I posted some pics of our visit in an earlier post.
* Spending time with Aunt Julie, Grandpa Pete & Grandma Carol in Dubuque - eating taco pizza from Happy Joe's, playing at the park and having a great time!
* Meeting sweet baby Carly Jean Bachman and spending time with the Bachman's - blowing bubbles, snuggling Carly, playing on the Bachman's backyard playset and getting pedicures!
* Spending time with Aunt Julie, Uncle Kevin & TJ - hanging out in the hot tub, playing video games, playing with Susie the lifesize doll (whom Mattea insisted on putting in PJ's and sleeping with EVERY night!) and eating Whitey's ice cream.
* Spending time with Denise, Jake, Evan & Sarah - visiting Denise at "her" scrapbook store, watching the kids play Wii & Xbox 360 & chatting with my BFF.
* Spending time at Grandma Judie & Grandpa Bob's house - a reminiscent visit to Loras College, coloring, playing with toys, playing in the huge backyard, reading books and making mac 'n cheese.
* Celebrating Joshie's birthday - Joshie's awesome birthday date with Super Aunt Julie, a super fun time at the Grand Harbor Water Park (with Greg, Jake & Nate; Tim, Katie, Jake & Justin; Aunt Julie, Uncle Kevin & TJ) and a pizza party at Happy Joe's (should have ordered medium pizzas, not larges!!!).
* Sleepovers - Alex got to reconnect with Zack F (and meet his new little brother, Cade) and Joshie got to spend time with Spencer and Mason. It's so nice that these friendships have lasted even though we moved away.
I'm sure there was much more that we did that I can't remember right now, but all I know is that we had a great time! Thanks to everyone who made time or traveled to spend time with us. We truly appreciate it.
When we left to head back to Colorado, I fully expected to break the trip up, but the boys had a different plan. They were motivated to get back home, so we plowed through and all of the kids were just awesome travelers. We made it back in one day!!! When we got back on Saturday night, Jeff had just finished painting the basement! YAY Jeff!!! The dogs were excited to see us and Cody had learned several new tricks. It was nice to sleep in on Sunday and have the rest of the day to unpack, do laundry and relax.




No comments:
Post a Comment