









So, Mom told me that I hadn't posted any pics or news during November. I thought she was crazy. Apparently, she was NOT! So, here's a recap of November:
* We had a fun family day in downtown Denver - lunch, bowling and A Christmas Carol movie.
* We counted down for Mattea's birthday. She couldn't WAIT to turn five!!!
* We played a family game of RISK and it was such a riot. The kids learned all about strategy. Amazingly enough, there were patient playing the game and we had a really fun time.
* Mattea & I attended a Fancy Nancy story/play time at Border's. We followed that up with some shopping. It was a very fun day!
* We cheered when we heard about our new baby niece/cousin, Kristina Ann Harron. We can't wait to meet her in person... she's gorgeous in the pictures we have seen!
* Mattea received an early birthday present via Skype from Grandma Judie & Grandpa Bob. Grandma had her convinced that she sent it through the computer. I'm sure it was nauseating to watch her open her gift on the web cam, but I think Grandma & Grandpa could FEEL her excitement as she tore open the box containing the beloved Baby Alive!
* We celebrated Mattea's birthday (FINALLY!). She had chocolate cake for breakfast (in bed!!!), was showered with gifts, flowers and a balloon from us. She received huge hugs and a loud "Happy Birthday" from her friends at preschool.
* Jeff had a day off work and he chose to spend it with Mattea. They did the usual... breakfast at Village Inn followed by shoe shopping at Target (she came home with 2 new pairs of shoes!).
* We attended Alex's 1st choir concert. He played the hand bells and did an amazing job. We are SO proud of him!
* We did some home improvements - rearranged bedroom furniture, rearranged our home office, painted the dining room & hung new curtains.
* Grandpa Pete, Grandma Carol and Aunt Julie came for a visit. They took Mattea birthday shopping, got pedicures and celebrated Thanksgiving with us. As the ladies were in the kitchen preparing for the Thanksgiving feast, Kevin walked in!!! This was a total surprise as he had told us he wouldn't be able to join us this year.
* We decked the halls outside and inside. The kids LOVE decorating for Christmas. They all have 3 foot trees in their bedrooms that they got to decorate themselves. The musical Christmas decorations can be heard throughout the house and there is a magical feeling in the air. I have begun using "Santa's watching" to curb any less-than-perfect behaviors! Love it!!!
It was a great month and I can't believe it's almost Christmas! I'm happy to say that I have a good chunk of shopping done. We're hoping to get our Christmas picture done this weekend so we can get our cards sent out in a timely manner. Only time will tell if that happens!
P.S. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TIM!!!




No comments:
Post a Comment