
May 2nd – This morning, Mattea and I got up early to participate in the Furry Scurry. It’s a walk to raise money for the Denver Dumb Friends League. Alex ended up bailing at the last minute and I made the HUGE mistake of taking both dogs with me. Yes… it was me, Mattea, Indy and Cody. How did I think this was going to turn out??? Well, as you might have guessed, it was disastrous. Cody was extremely overwhelmed at all the dogs and the smells. He was barking at other dogs and acting much differently than he normally does. By the time we picked up our race bibs and t-shirts, I was done. We skipped the race altogether and went back home! (Oh, did I mention that we had gotten lost along the way there and had gone 10 miles out of our way?)

May 3rd – My kids LOVE strawberries! We go through cartons of them every week. I bought these strawberries and couldn’t believe the size of them. I had Mattea hold them for a picture and afterwards she said “Mom, since I touched these, I have to eat them.” Smart little girl!

May 4th – Mattea does NOT like to sleep by herself. She will come up with any excuse to snuggle Daddy or Mommy and will even be satisfied if the boys will let her snuggle them. I’m not sure what happened, but when I went up to check on her, I found her asleep in the hallway. She hasn’t done that since she was probably two years old.

May 5th – I made a chocolate cake and Mattea happened to be in the right place at the right time, so she was the lucky one that got to lick the beaters! She was quite happy that the boys were nowhere in sight so she didn't have to share.

May 6th – Josh sliced his knee open while playing "pickle" in the yard. He was so brave about it... I can’t believe he didn’t cry because it looked like it hurt a lot! He’s a tough little cookie. I’m sure he’ll have quite the scar.

May 7th – The boys attended the Sock Hop tonight with Justin. It’s Alex’s last Sock Hop as an elementary school student! They played games, ran around with their friends, danced a little bit and filled up on sugar. What a fun night!




1 comment:
Tracy you are doing a fabulous job with the POTD project. I really enjoy your photos.
Post a Comment