










Today was Josh's first day of 4th grade and Mattea's first day of kindergarten (or "king-ger-garten" as she calls it!). To say Mattea was excited was an understatement. All summer long, she had been sleeping in until 8am-9am... sometimes even 10am, depending on how late she stayed up the night before. This morning at 6:14am, I was awakened to hot breath and a loud whispering voice directly in my ear saying "KING-GER-GARTEN"!!! Did I mention it was 6:14am??? The start time for school had been changed from 8am to 8:45am, so this early waking time was clearly unnecessary (but still pretty darn funny). Eventually, we were all up and moving and getting ready for the day... even Alex, who doesn't start middle school until late August. Josh was not nearly as excited as Mattea. The kids all humored me with my typical First Day of School photo shoot on the front porch.
Soon, it was time to go. Mattea wanted to ride the bus, but I insisted that Mommy & Daddy wanted to take her on her first day and make sure she got to where she needed to go. So, we drove over to the school and parked the car across the street. Mattea hopped out and said "Bye!". I said "Mattea, wait. We are going to walk you in. You don't even know where to go." She replied "That's okay, Mom. I'll figure it out." SERIOUSLY? Seriously. Considering, I didn't even know where she was supposed to go, we walked her in anyway. Josh spotted his buddies, I took a quick picture and we dropped him off at the 4th grade entrance. After walking all the way around to the back of the school, we found the entrance where Mattea was supposed to line up. Whew. After a quick picture with Mommy, she was gone! Poof. Just like that. And that was the last First Day of Kindergarten for this family!! Both of the kids had a great first day! (Note: Mattea started riding the bus to/from school on Day 2. We couldn't put it off any longer!)




1 comment:
Thanks for taking the 1st day of school photos and sharing them with us... I love that you are keeping the tradition going! Thank Alex for getting in the photo even though it wasn't his first day. Mattea's story is priceless, and Josh looks like "school as usual" with his buddies... Mr. Cool! WOW... didn't this day come fast? Luv, MOM
Post a Comment