Saturday, March 19, 2011

Picture of the Week -- Week 11

Mattea had been talking for weeks about leprechaun traps and what Lucky the Leprechaun might do to her room, but had never indicated that she had to build a leprechaun trap and bring it in to school. Finally, on Wednesday night, she informed me that she had to take a leprechaun trap to school THE NEXT DAY! Lovely. Of course, there was no time after school and then I played volleyball after dinner, so it was about 9pm before the leprechaun trap construction even began. Not many stores sell St. Patty's Day stuff, so I couldn't find a pot of gold or anything even close to it. I bought some gold covered candy and some rainblow licorice and somehow dove into the deep dark depths of my imagination to come up with something that would not be an embarrassing display of creativity. Mattea couldn't help, of course, since it was past her bedtime. When she woke up Thursday morning, she was delighted to see that not only had I made a decent leprechaun trap, but Lucky the Leprechaun had looked for gold at our house and totally trashed it when he didn't find any. We had fun taking pics of the mess. See those here. And behold, the decent leprechaun trap (which did NOT catch a leprechaun).

No comments: