Tuesday, July 26, 2011

First Day of Elementary School

Today is the first day of school for Josh & Mattea. There were some mixed emotions about it for sure. Mattea was beyond ecstatic! She couldn't wait to wear her First Day of First Grade outfit, see all of her friends, see her new teacher, go to her new classroom and put away all of her new school supplies. Josh, on the other hand, told me that he is excited for 5th grade, but not necessarily for school... which basically means that he wants to see his friends, but not learn, take tests or do homework!
Both of the kids wanted to take the bus this morning, but I used my Mommy veto power and insisted on driving them to school. I took the standard front porch pictures and didn't even get any eye rolling about it (at least not that I saw!). Josh even let me take one picture of him & Mattea on the playground! Mattea & I walked him over to find his mobile classroom and his friends quickly flagged him down. I resisted the urge to take a picture with him & his buddies. I gave him a very casual "See ya, Josh. Have a great day!" and walked Mattea to the 1st grade playground. He's still my little buddy, though, because before he went into school, he came over and said goodbye again. What a sweetie! I watched Mattea play on the playground until the bell rang and then watched her walk into school with a definite skip in her step. 
I think it's going to be a great year!!!






2 comments:

Dad said...

Good job on the first day of school pictures Tracy. I'll be there to check on their homework tomorrow night.

Tracy said...

Thanks. Sounds good, Dad!