Today is a special day. It's the day that Jeff and I vowed before family & friends to love and honor each other through sickness and in health, for richer for poorer until death parts us. In today's society, long and happy marriages aren't necessarily the norm anymore which is pretty sad. This roller coaster called marriage has its up and downs, its twists and turns, but as long as we are riding together, we are always smiling at the end of the ride.
Jeff got home early from work for a change which was a really nice gift!!! Shortly after, the real gifts started coming. The doorbell rang and a delivery man had a HUGE spray of roses -- 15 red ones for me and 1 yellow one for Mattea. Jeff is so thoughtful and ALWAYS brings Mattea flowers when I get some. Along with the flowers was a wonderful array of spa products sure to make me feel & smell delicious!!! As if that wasn't enough, Jeff handed over a bag from Biondi Diamond Jewelers. (I guess it's a good thing to have your wedding anniversary land on payday!) He picked out a gorgeous sterling silver ring that is incredibly unique. I love it!
The boys were at a sleepover, so Jeff, Mattea and I went out for a nice Italian dinner. Jeff & Mattea shared a plate of pasta, I had some yummy lasagna, we enjoyed some fruity cocktails and followed it up with some turtle cheesecake & chocolate cake (complete with candles!). Mattea kept us entertained with conversation... she is super funny... and she had the waiter in the palm of her hand by the time the entrees came out. What a fun night!
Fun Facts
Months we dated - 19
Months we were engaged - 21
Tracy's age when we got married - 23
Jeff's age when we got married - 22
Years married before we had our first child - 3 1/2
Years married before we had our second child - 5 1/2
Years married before we had our third child - 9
Blissful years we have spent married - 16
Christmas comes to the court
14 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment