We had amazing weather for trick-or-treating this year. After our first snowfall and some chilly temps, I was happy to see the temperatures rise as Monday grew closer. For trick-or-treating, Alex was Cookie Monster, Josh was Facebook (laziest costume EVER) and Mattea was a rockin' pink pirate. Some explanations are needed. See below.
Alex begged me for this hat he saw at the store. I told him his Dad would not let him out in public wearing it, but he insisted that he couldn't live without it. I admitted that he looked cute, so I bought it. It's a blue hat with eyeballs at the top. He added a blue shirt with a duct-taped "C" on the front and "M" on the back and some blue shorts and called himself Cookie Monster... worked for me!
Every year since we have lived in Colorado, Josh wants to be a ninja or something like that. So, we go out and buy him a costume and then the day of the Halloween party at school, he changes his mind and wants to be a football player. This happened a couple years in a row. This year, I told him that I wasn't going to buy him a costume since he would just end up being a football player anyway. The day of the Halloween party, he decided he really didn't want to be a football player, so he borrowed a zombie costume from a neighbor. Seriously. When it came to trick-or-treat time, Josh grabbed a bag and left the house on his skateboard. I asked him what he was dressed up as and he replied "I don't know. Nothing, I guess." Oh Joshie. So, I explained that it's part of the fun to dress up and that he shouldn't expect to get any candy if he doesn't dress up. So, he got a marker and wrote "Book" on his face. Get it??? Facebook. Bahahahahahaha. Okay, I must admit, that is pretty funny... but a very lazy costume. I guess he can get away with it since he's so darn cute!
Mattea was easy. She wanted to be a Monster High girl which is basically this cute vampire looking girl. It's all the rage, ya know. I had purchased a daily deal for an online Halloween store, so I told Mattea that I would buy it from there. Unfortunately, they didn't sell those costumes on that site. But, Mattea was very flexible. We found a "Rockin' Pink Pirate" costume that looked close to the Monster High girl costumes and Mattea was happy with it, so we ordered it. When it arrived, she was ECSTATIC and put it on right away. She looked more like a pirate than a vampire, but I was totally cool with that. Whenever someone asked her if she was a pirate, she said "I'm a rockin' pink pirate". She cracks me up!!!
We had a fun night trick-or-treating. Alex had dinner with Jacob Kilburg, then did some trick-or-treating and ended up "working" the Kilburg's haunted house they set up in their garage. Josh, Mattea and I trick-or-treated with Mattea's friends, Naomi & Giovanni, and the neighbors, John, Holden and Harlei. The highlight of the night was trick-or-treating at Demaryius Thomas and Eric Decker's house. I was surprised to see Demaryius at the door handing out candy. I went in for a high five. I just HAD to. Hope you had a spooky and fun Halloween!
Christmas comes to the court
14 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment