Saturday, January 28, 2012

The Last Day of My 30's

So, I am turning 40 tomorrow.  I've been thinking about this for several months now and I have been totally fine with it.... all the way up until I realized that today was the last day of my 30's.  Wow... another decade of my life is gone.  That kinda freaked me out a bit.  But, then I got thinking about my life and where I am at and what is important to me.  I am happy, healthy and beyond blessed.  Age is just a number, so BRING IT ON!!!

My wonderful kids and hubby have been spoiling me all day.  Apparently, when you have a birthday on a weekend, you get to celebrate for more than one day.  I'm cool with that idea!  We went out for lunch and then Josh, Jeff and I saw a movie while Alex and Mattea chilled at home.  After the movie, we picked up Alex and Mattea to go to Mattea's indoor soccer game.  I ended up having to step in for the coach for most of the game which was a learning experience for me, but it turned out well.  The Stars won 4-3 and Mattea had two of the goals!  Woohoo!!!  We heated up some leftover pizza when we got home and then had a cupcake tasting party.  I bought some fancy cupcakes at Bliss since my Mom wasn't here to bake me a cherry chip cake like she did when I was a kid.  Ahhhhh... the memories!  After that, we had a three hour Kinect dance party.  It was SUCH a blast!  Just Dance 3 is a really fun game.  It was so dance with the kids and even more fun to watch the kids dance!  Mattea was having so much fun that she would giggle constantly.  It was hard to take the video since she made me giggle, too.  What a great way to end my 30's!

No comments: