Monday, January 23, 2012

Letting Go of the Guilt

It's a new year and typically the time to make resolutions, organize, get on a health kick and all that jazz.  Well, I didn't make any resolutions for this year.  I have done some organizing and exercising and that's all good, however, I am taking a different approach to 2012.  As many people in the blogging world are doing, I am going to pick one word for 2012... one thing to focus on and make improvements.  My word for 2012 is GUILT.  I have been feeling rather unsettled lately.  I'm unsettled about many things that I won't go into here, but I finally figured out what to do about it.  I'm going to try to let go of the guilt!  Many of the things that make me feel unsettled are brought on because of guilt.  It's not going to be easy to let it go, but if I can let go even a little bit, it will make me a happier person and much easier to live with!!!

One thing that makes me feel guilty is not posting regularly to the blog.  No one makes me feel guilty about it or teases me about my irregular posting, but I know that some of you look at the blog on a daily basis and it must get annoying when I don't post regularly.  So, that is something that will change for 2012.  I'm going to post more regularly in addition to the weekly pictures I posted for 2011.  I do plan to keep posting pictures regularly (or sporadically as the case may be!), but I have found that putting together those weekly posts takes time and thought and then sometimes when I don't feel like I can get it all done, I don't do it at all.  There are also daily things that happen around here that I would love to share.  That's the kind of stuff I am going to do more regularly.  It's so much easier to just jot down a funny story or something great one of the kids did at school and I'm pretty sure that is the kind of stuff y'all want to hear anyway.  So, I am not going to feel guilty if I fall behind on weekly pictures.  It will help me knowing that I will also be enlightening and humoring you with stories from our crazy life.  : )
Also, I am done feeling guilty about not accomplishing much on my "39 things to do before I turn 40" list.  I am going to acknowledge what I did do and work on what I didn't.  No big deal and no guilt!  Below is a picture of the gallery wall (#6 on my list) that I finally finished.  It's right outside our bedroom and although some of the pictures ended up a little close together (let it go, let it go), I am super happy with the results.  Jeff loves it so much that he picked another wall in the house for me to do another gallery wall!  YAY!  Please note... several of the frames still need pictures added or updated.
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... I feel better now.  Thanks for listening!

No comments: