On Tuesday, January 3rd 2012, I started at Crossfit South Aurora (CFSA) with my friend and neighbor, Johnna. We have been going 4-5 times a week since we started (that's 10 weeks, people!!!) which amazes me since I tend to go in spurts with my exercise habits. Most of what you see in this Crossfit video is what we do for workouts. They are intense and make you feel like you might throw up or pass out, but you get through it and then you have this amazing feeling of accomplishment. I recently saw another blog post on how this woman feels about Crossfit and it totally hit home, so I'm going to steal some of her words to explain this crazy workout regime that I love.
I love Crossfit. I love it when I go to the website to look at the WOD (workout of the day) and
immediately start having heart palpitations. I love it when I get anxious before a WOD and wonder if I’ll be able to finish. I love it
when we get to lift weights. I love it when I can RX the workout (do it exactly as written with no modifications for weight). I love talking to people about Crossfit. I love seeing new people come in to start doing Crossfit. I love watching Crossfit commercials on TV. I love seeing Bob Harper put the Biggest Loser contestants through Crossfit workouts. I love it when the WOD makes me sore... REALLY sore. I love it when I don't think I can do another rep and I push through the pain and do it anyway. I love
it when I have to use extra lotion on my hands to soften the blisters. I love it when there are pull-ups
in the WOD because the more I do them, the sooner it will be that I can do them without using a band! I love it that I don't have to do girl style push-ups anymore. I love the feeling of motivation and competition during a WOD. I love the AMAZING feeling I have when I finish a workout. I love Crossfit. Yeah,
love is crazy!
Christmas comes to the court
14 years ago




1 comment:
WOW!
Post a Comment