All three of the kiddos started school today... two of the three were looking forward to it!
Mattea was ecstatic to start 2nd grade. We went in last week for a Meet & Greet with her teacher, Mrs. Pearl, and they were both excited to meet each other. Josh had Mrs. Pearl when he was in 2nd grade, so we were thrilled for Mattea to get her this year!!!
Josh was excited to start 6th grade. He is looking forward to going to a new school, having a locker (once he gets the hang of opening the lock!!!), switching classes and having multiple teachers. He totally lucked out and got his top two elective choices (call it Dolan luck) -- PE and Applied Tech. Alex took him around at the Open House to meet his teachers since some of them have previously had Alex in class.
Alex wasn't too thrilled to go back to school. I tried to convince him that it's cool to be "king of the school", but he wasn't buying it. 8th graders don't get their schedules until the first day of school, so I am anxious to hear about his schedule. I have a feeling that he is going to get choir for an elective and that won't make him happy.
Anyway, I was thrilled that the boys didn't give me too much grief about taking my first day of school pictures this morning. They posed for a few and then took off on their bikes. Mattea, of course, let me take as many pictures of her as I wanted!!! I'm looking forward to a great school year with all of the kids on the same schedule!
Christmas comes to the court
14 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment