Friday, December 14, 2007

IS IT FRIDAY YET???????

Holy cow... it seems like it was a LONG week! I'm so glad it's Friday - these 5 day work weeks are a killer! I just got back from the grocery store. Luckily, I was smart enough to feed the kids first or it could have gotten ugly! Just picture this, though. Josh had chapped lips and a headache, so he was laying down in one cart on all of our coats. Mattea & Alex were squeezed into the front of the cart that has the 2 steering wheels and I was dangerously navigating both of them! It was pure craziness... however, I have never made it through the grocery store so quickly and so cheaply!!! Hurray!!!

We are looking forward to spending the day tomorrow at Kevin & Julie's for a pre-Christmas celebration. This is the 3rd pre-celebration we've had lately. First, there was a combined pre-Mattea's birthday party and pre-Thanksgiving celebration. Now, we've got a pre-Christmas celebration. It actually works out well because the pre-celebrations are followed by additional celebrations, so I guess that makes it TWICE the fun!!! I am also looking forward to spending time in a house where there are Christmas decorations. We kept the decorating to a minimum this year and I am starting to miss the twinkling lights on a decorated Christmas tree, snowmen pictures on the walls and the sounds of those annoying musical toys that we set out this time of year! Julie was kind enough to bring over a poinsettia she had received from one of her Religious Ed students, so that added to our wee-bit of Christmas spirit.

My wonderful parents are coming down on Sunday to spend some time with us before we head to Denver for Christmas break. Everyone has been so accommodating with our crazy schedule and we are so appreciative. We are sad that Jeff hasn't been able to celebrate with us, but we are very much looking forward to driving out to Denver to spend Christmas with him.

We are very, very close to getting our house on the market. I have a few things that I hope to finish up on Sunday and I have an appraisal scheduled for next Thursday. The house has never looked so darn good! It's been a lot of work and I hope it pays off. Again, thanks to everyone that has helped us in any way!

Okay, I better go make snacks for tomorrow. I'm outta here!!!

No comments: