I took the kids to Texas Roadhouse for dinner tonight. Honestly, it was Josh's idea! Of course, the reason he likes it is due to the fact that he can throw peanut shells on the floor. I mean, seriously, how cool is that??? I wasn't going to take the kids there, but the more I got thinking about it, the more logical it became. I justified it for the reason that I needed to pick up a gift card, so why not just grab dinner while we're there? I certainly deserve a nice meal that I didn't have to cook, right???
We had to wait about 10 minutes to get in, so Mattea was holding the what-cha-ma-call-it that lights up and vibrates when your table is ready. Once it finally did that, she was showing EVERYONE how cool it was! This group of old ladies thought she was so cute!
We were seated at our table and our waitress greeted us. She was a cute, young girl with a spunky attitude. She plopped right down next to Joshie to take our order. Even though, she was very busy, she joked with the kids while taking our order. The boys ordered their meal and then Mattea chimed in. "I want a brownie!" So, Sarah (our waitress) went back & forth with her about that. The rest of the meal was relatively uneventful. The kids were pretty good and only needed an occasional "Sit up. If you are so tired that you need to lay down on the booth, then you can go to bed when we get home." Sarah came back to check on us often and always took time to talk to the kids. Almost every time, she commented on how cute and adorable they were. I graciously accepted the compliments!
We finished our meal and got our bill. I gave Sarah a very nice well-deserved tip. She came back one more time and whispered to me that we needed to wait a minute... she had something for us. Oh, did she have something for us!!! She delivered a very wonderful, very chocolate brownie with four spoons sticking out of it! Apparently, Sarah wanted to make Mattea a very happy girl. Mattea gave her the reaction she was looking for... kind of a deep belly laugh like "Yeah, baby!!!" Alex & I each had one bite and were done. Josh and Mattea, on the other hand, went to town on that brownie! They were in heaven!!!
After our bellies were completely full, it was time to go. Sarah came back one last time to make sure we had enjoyed the brownie. We got to chatting about how she loves kids and she mentioned that I could call her anytime if I needed a babysitter. Um... hello! You don't have to ask this single-parenting-multi-tasking-ain't-got-no-time-for-myself Momma twice!!!! YES - PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR NUMBER!!! So, she did. Ahhhhh... I like to have options! It was a good ending to a great meal. I feel like we were there for a reason... like it was a sign.
It definitely worked out. Adorable kids = lots of attention. Gotta love it!!!
Christmas comes to the court
14 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment