Sunday, July 27, 2008

It's Aunt Julie's fault...


Yesterday, we cleaned out our laundry/mud room. We had 2 huge baskets of shoes in there that we went through to sort out what doesn't fit, what's trashed and what isn't being worn. As I organized Mattea's shoes, I realized she has quite a few. So, I decided to collect them all and just see how bad it had gotten. Weeeeeeeellllll.... I'm embarrassed to say that I found 24 pairs of shoes. I later found one unmatched shoe and another pair, so she has at least 26 pairs of shoes. A bit much for a 3 1/2 year old, don't you think? So, after I lined them all up and took pictures to make a scrapbook page, I thought back to how this could have happened. I realized it's not really my fault... it's Aunt Julie's fault!!! You see, when Mattea was just hours old, Aunt Julie started talking to Mattea about shoes, accessorizing, purses, etc. I am sure this is where this obsession came from, however, I suppose I'm partly to blame since I'm the one that keeps buying her more. : (

1 comment:

The Meade's said...

I've got an 18 month old that is already obsessed with shoes....It's Mattea's fault! Hope you are all doing well, we miss you! Kyle started preschool at Lourdes this week! Big hugs to the shoe lover from Kyle!