Thursday, July 17, 2008

A valuable lesson from a 7 year old

The kids are attending Vacation Bible School (VBS) this week. I'm not always sure that the lessons they teach each night are being heard by the kids or whether the kids are more focused on the cool crafts they got to make. Josh proved this morning that the lessons are being heard!!! Here's the story...


Picture this scene. It's 7am and the Dolan house is already busy. I'm running around helping with breakfast, locating lost homework folders and filling water bottles. The kids are eating breakfast, talking, singing (Mattea) and looking for lost homework folders! It's getting close to the time the bus picks up the boys, so I'm shuffling them out the door. Mattea is moving pretty slow, so I tell her "Mattea, let's go. Mommy needs to get you to school because I have a meeting at 8:00am and I'm really nervous about it." Joshie turns to me and says "Don't worry, Mommy. Jesus gives us the power to be brave." Oh my gosh... that was last night's lesson at VBS. I was touched and my heart got 2 sizes bigger. I turned back to Josh wanting him to know that we're never to old to "use our powers" and said "You are right, Josh. I will be brave."

I was so proud of Josh and how he related what he learned to a real life situation.

1 comment:

Dad said...

Way to go Joshie!