Monday, May 4, 2009

April is... GONE!

I can't believe it's already May!!! April was full of crazy weather, playing in the snow, playing outside, blowing bubbles, Easter, making crafts for Aunt Julie's birthday, chopping 12" of hair for Locks of Love, Take Your Child to Work Day and some home improvements. It was interesting to experience a blizzard one day and watch the snow literally melt away within 2 days. The kids & I made the most of the cold weather... I buried Josh in the snow up to his chin (that was much more fun than shoveling!!!) and Mattea laid claim to the huge pile of snow I created while shoveling. Alex chose that afternoon to stay in his PJ's. :) A few days later, we were outside playing and Mattea was blowing bubbles. We found out that Cody loves to chase bubbles! It was hilarious to watch him chase the bubbles and pop them with his mouth. Easter was pretty low-key. We missed spending time with family. The Easter bunny found us and brought us great treats! I made a bad decision and had scheduled dentist appointments 2 days after Easter. What a mean Mom!! The dentist appointment didn't go so well, so lots of the Easter treats ended up in the trash... shhhhh! don't tell the kids... I don't think they even realized it! :) Aunt Julie's birthday was April 30th. She always spoils us rotten, so we wanted to make sure her day was extra special! Josh painted a wonderful picture on a canvas with his paint set. Mattea meticulously placed colored beads on a heart-shaped peg board, we added ribbon and then ironed it all to make sure it would stay together. It was fun doing crafts with the kiddos. Alex didn't make a craft, so he got Julie a "Queen for the Day" coffee mug! I had been growing my hair out for some time with the intent of donating it to Locks of Love. I had considered it before, but had never actually gone through with it. I am so glad I did it. I get lots of compliments on my new short 'do and the timing is perfect with summer just around the corner. Plus, it's just hair. Jeff was brave enough to take all 3 kids with him to work for Take Your Child to Work Day. By the time I arrived at lunch time, Jeff was ready to go solo again at work, if you know what I mean!!! The kids had a good time and Jeff enjoyed showing them around his office. Apparently, they can't walk a day in their Daddy's shoes because all 3 of them fell asleep on the way home after lunch!!! (Mattea was so tired, she even fell asleep with a sucker in her mouth!) Our home improvements for the month included some new art, lamps & a mirror for the basement (which my wonderful husband painted back in March). We painted our bedroom a beautiful shade of blue, but have yet to finish "accessorizing", so we still have our old comforter (which doesn't match) and the furniture I had in my bedroom growing up!!! Baby steps... Lastly, we painted the living room and had new carpet installed. It looks fabulous, I must say!

No comments: