Jeff & I returned this evening from our wonderful weekend in Summit County, CO. We left at 3pm on Friday and headed to Cordillera Lodge & Spa in Edwards, CO. When we passed Loveland, we noticed they were making snow, so I HAD to call Terry to tell him. He was 6 feet below ground in a hole working on something at Cascade Mountain, but of course he answered the phone. We had a nice chat until I lost service driving through the mountains. The lodge was amazing... gorgeous views, fabulous service and beautifully decorated rooms. We had dinner Friday night at the hotel restaurant and it was the most delicious dinner Jeff & I have had in a very long time. On Saturday morning, I enjoyed a facial (my first ever!) at the spa. It was so relaxing and my skin felt as soft as a baby when I was done. After that, we headed into Vail for some shopping and lunch. Next, we headed to a small mountain town called Red Cliff to ride ATV's. After riding for 10 minutes, we discovered we had a flat tire, so we had to head back to the ranch to exchange our ride. Once we got that taken care of, it was smooth riding. We enjoyed beautiful scenery and found some mud & snow to get us dirty (that made Jeff very happy). We had such a fun time tooling around on ATV's in the mountains. We stopped at Gore Ranch Brewery for dinner (very yummy!) and then hit the local movie theatre to see Couples Retreat (funny!). On Sunday, we sadly checked out of our hotel room. We headed to Wolcott, CO for our last adventure of the weekend... zip lining!!! Let me just say that the thought of zip lining is much scarier than actually doing it. Once you get a feel for how well the harness holds you in, you get over the fear. It was awesome to look down into the canyon and take in the beauty of the area. Of course, I was snapping pictures & video along the way... I just can't help myself! We headed back to Vail for lunch where we found a sports bar so we could watch the Broncos game while we ate. After a little more shopping, we headed back home. The kids were excited to see us and told us how great Aunt Julie had been all weekend. THANK YOU, JULIE, FOR HELPING US TO ENJOY OUR ANNIVERSARY WEEKEND!!! We had a fabulous time!




No comments:
Post a Comment