Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Pictures of the Week -- Week 19

We have had some wild & crazy spring weather. It's been raining quite a bit, which actually has been nice for several reasons... sports practices have been cancelled and our yard has gotten watered for free! One afternoon, I went to pick up Alex & his friends from middle school because it was raining. Right before we got home, it started to hail. It started and ended very abruptly. The kids were fascinated!


Alex loves to take things apart (thanks, Grandpa Bob!). Our old Xbox got the "red ring of death". It sat around here for months and finally, Alex decided he was going to fix it. He loves seeing how things work and identifying different parts. It was a valiant effort, but the Xbox was just dead.


Mattea & Hanna finished their soccer season and they got purple sparkly trophies. As you can see, the trophies were a HUGE hit! It didn't matter that they only won one game all season. It's all about the bling, baby!


Mother's Day was amazing this year. My kids are so wonderful, talented, sweet and generous. Each of them made me handmade gifts which I absolutely adore. Alex made me the sweetest homemade card. Josh drew a picture of me which listed all of my best traits and wrote a poem about me. Mattea gave me a cookbook with her picture on the front (as a Chef) and a ceramic tile with her handprint on it. I got special cards and emails as well. The funniest card came from the one and only, Hallmark Queen.... Julie Mishler. It said "I'd offer to take over for you on Mother's Day, but..." [open the card] "HOLY CRAP! Do you realize how much you DO????" Oh my goodness, I laughed for a LONG time about that one.


No comments: