The kids were desperate to open one present on Christmas Eve, so Jeff came up with a GENIUS solution. He had picked up three of those metal puzzles made up of two pieces that you have to figure out how to get apart. They were in tiny little gift-wrapped boxes. So, after we toyed with the kids for awhile and let them eyeball all of the larger presents under the tree, we pulled out those little boxes and told them they could each open one. They all opened them at the same time and were like "okaaaaaay... what are these?". Jeff told them that in order for them to open one more present, they had to solve the puzzle. It was hilarious! Since they were so determined to open another present, they all set to work on their puzzles. Alex was the first to solve his puzzle, but we made him wait until the other two figured theirs out. I'm telling you, we had SO much fun with these puzzles. I loved that it slowed things down and we were just hanging out as a family with no TV, no iPods, no cell phones, etc. It was nice. Jeff gave Josh and Mattea a few hints to help them with their puzzles and pretty soon, Mattea got hers apart! She was so proud of herself. This, of course, frustrated Josh to no end and so he began trying to force his puzzle apart. I think that was even more funny. Finally, he used his brain and some patience and got his apart as well. Yes... success! The kids opened another present and all was right with the world.
Note: Here comes a flurry of pictures from Christmas Eve... I had a hard time choosing... you've been warned. Also, I'm fully aware that Mattea has on the wackiest outfit with clothes that are obviously too small (and ripped) and that Josh doesn't match at all. I have gotten past the point of having everyone look perfect for my pictures... just happy to get them in some pictures these days.
I just realized that Alex is as tall as Mattea when he's on his knees!!! Kinda cute.
No comments:
Post a Comment