


One of my favorite things to do in the fall is visit the pumpkin patch with my family. While we were in the Quad Cities, we rarely went alone. Aunt Julie would go with us and we have gone a few times with the Ruff's and the Bachman's. I was sad that we wouldn't be going with anyone this year, but we still had a great time.
Alex wasn't too jazzed up about going this year, so while he and Jeff were at the archery range shooting bulls eyes, I took Josh and Mattea to May Farms Pumpkin Patch in Byers, Colorado. It was about 40 miles away, but it was a sunny 70 degree day and the trees were golden and beautiful along the way! I had a nice chat with my Mom along the way, so that was nice, too... always multi-tasking!
The kids fed the ducks & fish, we spotted a couple cats that Mattea insisted on holding, Josh navigated us through the corn maze, we petted the farm animals, we took a hay ride, the kids took a ride on the barrel train and we finally went to the patch to get our pumpkins. Every year when we go, we each pick out our own pumpkin. The rule is that you have to be able to carry it yourself. Since Jeff and Alex weren't there, we decided to get their pumpkins, too. So, just picture this... Mattea HAD to wear a dress and tights, which of course, got covered with prickly hay and later discarded... so now, she is wearing her shoes without socks and every 10 steps, something gets in them and she drops to the ground, whining, and insists they need to be cleaned out. This was happening the entire time we were in the corn maze and searching for our pumpkins. After we chose our FIVE pumpkins, Josh and I had to carry them all to the weigh station and then out to the truck. Oh, it was quite a sight, I'm sure! But, even though I ended up sweaty and a bit crabby, we had a delightful time!




1 comment:
I sounds like you three had a really good time. It's always great to get out this time of year. On Terry's advice Mom and I spent some time last week driving up to Balltown to catch the view and coffee and pie at Breitbach's. No pumpkins though.
Nice pictures too. They are already printed.
Dad
Post a Comment