Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Alex is SOOOOOO done with elementary school





On Friday, May 28th, we attended the 5th Grade Continuation Ceremony at Rolling Hills Elementary. Alex's class walked into the gymnasium all dressed up and looking like graduates! Alex downplays his emotions quite a bit, but I know he felt very proud and was so happy that we were there to watch him finish up his last day of elementary school. The principal said some words and read a poem that made me cry. Shocking? Not really. Then Alex's teacher, Mrs. Nolte said some very nice things about the school year and made me cry again. [sigh] After that, we watched a slide show containing pictures of the kids throughout the school year. It was highly entertaining and very touching. More tears. Alex received his diploma and I completely missed taking a picture of it because my camera somehow got set on the self-timer option and I couldn't get it off fast enough. I was totally bummed, but Jeff got a kick out of it. After the ceremony, Alex's class went to The Trails Recreation Center for a pool party. It was a totally awesome day!

1 comment:

Aunt Julie said...

My godson rocks!!!!!

I am SO proud of him!