






As you know, Mattea and I went to the Taylor Swift concert on 4/6/2010. We had a total blast! I will admit, though, I wasn't so sure it was going to be such a blast once we got there.
We got to the Pepsi Center in plenty of time (amazing, right???) and found a parking spot. We walked in with the throngs of people who were also giddy with excitement (and who had also probably rocked out to their Taylor Swift CD all the way there!!!). First thing we did was locate our seats and chat with the security guard. Mattea HAD to tell him that she was Taylor's biggest fan and that her Daddy had raised her training wheels and sometimes when she rides her bike, she is only on 2 wheels. (I mean, c'mon, he needed to know all that, right???) The first band, Gloriana, came on stage and started playing which caused Mattea to start screaming, but not because she was happy... it was really, really, really loud and we were RIGHT in front of a speaker. Lovely. I whipped out the ear plugs (thanks for the brilliant idea, Jeff!) and put them in her ears. They helped a little, but not enough. I decided it was time to check out the t-shirts.
We waited in line for a t-shirt packed in like sardines for at least 45 minutes. We could now hear that Kellie Pickler (former American Idol contestant) was singing. I tried to convince Mattea to come back in with me so we would be ready when Taylor came out, but she was petrified that it would be too loud. We ended up walking all over looking for some different seats that were further from the stage and the speakers, but didn't have much luck since it was a sold-out concert. A wonderfully nice security guard walked up to us and asked if we had a problem. I told him what was going on and he found us some great seats in folding chairs in the handicapped section. YAY!
So, we're seated now and they are setting up for Taylor. You can just feel the energy and excitement in the crowd. Mattea is on high alert and swinging her legs in anticipation. We took some pictures and sent some texts to Aunt Julie while we waited and then... FINALLY... the show started. Taylor came up out of the stage and the crowd went absolutely WILD!!! The first song she sang was "You Belong With Me" which is Mattea's favorite song (the one she did for the karaoke contest at school). She performed a ton of songs, changed into several different pretty dresses and had an amazing stage presence. The only disappointment for Taylor's "biggest fan" was that she didn't get to give the star a hug. Awwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!




1 comment:
No cavities Mattea.
Post a Comment