Friday, October 15, 2010

Mattea can read!!!

Mattea has really been learning alot this year in kindergarten. She is fascinated by words and the sounds they make and is SOOOOOO excited to finally be reading. She has been doing sight words since preschool, but has really come a long way since then. While she has been tracked off, she has been doing flashcards and sounding out whatever words she sees. She also loves to write. She will write long letters and bring them to me to read. Many times, the words are not spelled correctly as she can't yet understand how to incorporate the vowels, but she is doing a fantastic job. When I say she loves to write, I mean it. I just found a tablet out in the living room today. It says "Peeee" and "I nee to poop". A little too much information, but cute nonetheless, right???

On Wednesday, we went to the library to get some books. She picked out five books (cuz she's five!). They are all the beginner level reader books and she blasted through them. I love to hear her sound out each letter and then look up with complete joy on her face when she figures out what word those sounds make. I'm glad I captured this on video. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Dad said...

Good job Mattea!